Follow the schedule and instructions outlined below for your student status. REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL TUITION AND FEES ARE PAID. Payment may be made by cash, money order, or personal check.
When to Register
Refer to the Academic Calendar for the appropriate semester for registration dates and deadlines.
Registration Instructions for Degree Students
- Meet with your adviser and plan your course schedule. New Penn State students must arrange to obtain a University ID
card. Photo IDs will be taken in E-122, Olmsted Building, during regular office hours. An ID card is required for
- Internet registration is available using eLion. Login with your user ID and
password and proceed to registration.
- Undergraduate students who interrupted continuous degree enrollment must complete a Re-enrollment Request Form prior to
registration. The following options are available:
- Complete the Re-enrollment Request Form,
then print and mail it to Penn State Harrisburg, Academic Records Office, 777 W. Harrisburg Pike, Middletown, PA 17057
or send as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR Call the Academic Records Office at (717) 948-6020 to request a form.
- If you are a graduate student and you missed two consecutive semesters, you must be approved to
Resume Study through the office of your major prior
to registration. If you missed just one semester, please contact Enrollment Services at (717) 948-6020.
Registration Instructions for Non-degree Students
New Non-degree Graduate
- New Nondegree Graduate students must complete a Friends of
Penn State Account prior to registration.
- After the Friends of Penn State Account has been established, visit the Graduate School Admissions and Program Information Portal and follow the instructions for Non-Degree Applicants. Use your user ID and password to log into the Graduate School On-Line Application. Allow 24 hours for the application to be processed.
- After 24 hours, you may register on eLion using your Friends of Penn State
Account user ID and password created in Step 1.
New Non-degree Undergraduate
- New Nondegree Undergraduate students must complete a Nondegree Application Form prior to registration. The following
options are available:
- After the Undergraduate Nondegree Application has been processed, you may create a
Friends of Penn State Account and register online using
Returning Non-degree (Undergraduate or Graduate)
If you were enrolled last semester, you may register online using eLion.
Registration Instructions for Continuing Education Courses
The deadline for registration for most courses is one week prior to the starting date. Payment may be made by check, money
order, or VISA or Mastercard (Continuing Education Courses only). Registration must be accompanied by payment in order
to be processed. The following options are available:
- When provided, use the online registration system link listed in the course description.
- Fax registration form with credit card information or billing authorization to (717) 948-6481.
- Mail registration form and payment for Continuing Education courses to:
Bursar, Penn State Harrisburg
777 W. Harrisburg Pike
Middletown, PA 17057-4898
- Walk in and register at the Enrollment Services/Academic Records Office, Swatara Building, then pay tuition at the
Bursar's Office, Swatara Building.
Registering in Person
Some students may require special handling for registration. Manual registration may be done in the Enrollment
Services/Academic Records Office, Swatara Building.
PART-TIME STUDENTS: To change billing and financial aid status for a total schedule of less than 12 credits, follow other
automated registration instructions or contact Financial Aid or the Bursar.